The .NET platform
.NET is a developer platform made up of tools, programming languages, and libraries for building many different types of applications.
The base platform provides components that apply to all different types of apps. Additional frameworks, such as ASP.NET, extend .NET with components for building specific types of apps.
ASP.NET extends .NET
ASP.NET extends the .NET platform with tools and libraries specifically for building web apps.
These are some things that ASP.NET adds to the .NET platform:
- Base framework for processing web requests
- Web-page templating syntax, known as Razor, for building dynamic web pages using C#
- Libraries for common web patterns, such as Model View Controller (MVC)
- Authentication system that includes libraries, a database, and template pages for handling logins, including multi-factor authentication and external authentication with Google, Twitter, and more.
- Editor extensions to provide syntax highlighting, code completion, and other functionality specifically for developing web pages
More information can be found at https://dotnet.microsoft.com/learn/aspnet/what-is-aspnet
WebApi Get - In this blog I will show you how to return data using jQuery, RoutePrefix and Route
List add new object C# - In this blog, I will show how to add an item to the beginning of a list.
In this blog, I will show you one way on how to compare two lists in c#
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): String or binary data would be truncated. It is not all that it makes out to be.
Have you ever came across the following error 'The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel' when trying to connect to a remote website.
This code example shows how to Convert Celsius to Fahrenheit and Convert Fahrenheit to Celsius
In this blog, I will show you how to download the Zip files that EAN use for the properties that they display.
In this short blog, I will show you a problem with Html.AntiForgeryToken() adding duplicate X-Frame-Options SameOrigin headers and one way of fixing the problem.
In this blog, I will show you how to return multiple values using tuples in C#.
Sometimes we need to loop over an Enum; In this short post, I will show you have to loop over an Enum and display all the values.